In keeping with the 2021 State of Agile Report, Jira is the highest undertaking administration and software program growth instrument for Agile groups. Over 100,000 organizations use Jira for its numerous options, however that doesn’t essentially imply that your software program growth staff ought to use it too. That will help you decide if Jira is the precise match to your wants, we provides you with a fast rundown of the software program’s options, pricing, and strengths and weaknesses. Then, we’ll reveal a number of Jira options, so you have got all kinds of PM software program decisions to mull over.
Jira Mission Administration Options
Why achieve this many Agile groups use Jira for his or her software program growth and undertaking administration wants? As a result of the software program provides a ton of options to spice up collaboration and productiveness amongst developer, undertaking managers, and stakeholders, reminiscent of:
- Highly effective Scrum and Kanban boards for managing work
- Templates for Scrum, Kanban, monitoring, and DevOps
- Roadmaps to maintain groups in sync
- Out-of-the-box dashboards and reporting
- Permission settings
- Customized fields
- Straightforward automation with drag and drop
- Open DevOps
- Strong bug monitoring
- The flexibility to handle tasks as a staff or firm
- Workflows you possibly can customise to suit various work kinds
- Over 3,000 integrations with third-party apps
Jira provides 4 completely different pricing plans. There’s a Free plan for as much as 10 customers that may assist small groups plan and observe their work extra effectively. The Customary plan prices $7.75 per consumer, monthly and is geared in the direction of rising groups. Bigger organizations seeking to scale their collaborative and monitoring efforts can join the Premium plan for a mean of $15.25 per consumer monthly. Lastly, there’s an Enterprise plan for organizations with enhanced safety, governance, and world scale wants. You’ll need to contact Jira for Enterprise pricing.
Jira Strengths And Weaknesses
Jira has many strengths as a undertaking administration instrument for software program builders, but it surely additionally has some weaknesses which will push you to look elsewhere. Right here is how the PM software program stacks up:
Jira Execs for Software program Builders:
- Customizable workflows, filters, and boards
- Drag-and-drop automation
- A number of views
- Immediate perception by way of dashboards and experiences (burndown charts, dash experiences, cumulative circulate diagrams, burnup charts, model experiences)
- Improvement-related templates offer you a fast head begin
- Strong integrations with widespread apps
- Open DevOps helps groups entry their favourite instruments multi function place
- May end up in quicker deployments and decreased cycle instances
- Serves groups of all sizes between 1-20,000 members
- Superb for scaling
- Glorious safety
- All of Jira’s superior options and choices may very well be a downfall because of added complexity and a steep studying curve
- Out-of-the-box collaboration is weak with out the assistance of integrations
- Interface just isn’t user-friendly
- Software program might really feel clunky to make use of on a frequent foundation
- Non-developers inside a company might have a tough time utilizing Jira
- Can’t assign a number of staff members to a activity
- For those who determine to make use of one other undertaking administration answer sooner or later, migrating from Jira may very well be troublesome
- Restricted free plan
- Relying on the plan, pricing may very well be greater than rivals
You’ll be able to be taught extra about Jira in our Jira Mission Administration Software program Overview.
Alternate options To Jira Mission Administration
Though Jira looks like the go-to undertaking administration answer for Agile growth groups and others who love its slew of options, it’s not the one instrument of its form available on the market.
Listed below are some Jira options which will higher fit your growth staff’s wants and price range.
ProofHub Mission Administration
ProofHub is one other user-friendly Jira various with options best for Agile groups. You should utilize the instrument to handle tasks of all sizes because of options like:
- A number of views (desk, Kanban, Gantt, and so on.)
- Process administration (assign duties to a number of members, deadlines, prioritization)
- Customized roles
- Customized workflows
- Collaboration by way of chat, discussions, electronic mail, proofing, bulletins, and @mentions
- File administration and model management
- Mission templates
- A number of calendar views
- Timesheets, workload experiences, and undertaking and useful resource experiences
- Exercise logs
- Integrations with widespread apps like Dropbox, OneDrive, and QuickBooks
Not like different PM software program that fees you per consumer, ProofHub provides flat pricing with no contracts. ProofHub doesn’t have a free without end plan, but it surely does supply free trials. Its least expensive providing is the Important plan for $45 monthly when billed yearly.
Agile groups on the lookout for a Jira various might discover Pivotal Tracker a greater match. This prime Jira competitor calculates staff velocity so you possibly can see how briskly your staff is shifting, and it has a guided tracker instrument to interrupt massive tasks into manageable duties to make sure members don’t get overwhelmed. Different Pivotal Tracker options embrace:
- A shared backlog to maintain groups organized and priorities clear
- Multi-project workspaces to check tasks side-by-side and make drag-and-drop changes by way of one display screen
- A My Work panel that shows your whole tasks, no matter what number of groups you’re employed for
- Mission overview with cumulative circulate, cycle time, and burnup experiences
- GitHub integration
- Conversations, consumer mentions, file sharing, and notifications
- Integrations with Slack, Zendesk, and over 100 different third-party apps
Pivotal Tracker has a Free plan for as much as 5 collaborators, and its paid plans begin at $10 monthly for as much as 10 collaborators.
Binfire is all-in-one undertaking administration software program that makes use of AI that will help you get rid of busy work so you possibly can deal with extra essential issues. Groups that work remotely can use Binfire to create a digital workplace to collaborate, deal with duties, and examine undertaking progress irrespective of the place they’re positioned. Binfire’s options can go well with all kinds of groups, whether or not they undertake the Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodologies and its highlights embrace:
- A user-friendly interface with a restricted want for onboarding
- An built-in Slack dialog instrument for collaboration
- Process administration
- Private and undertaking dashboards
- Mission templates
- Feedback on information and duties
- Interactive Gantt chart and whiteboard
- Integrations with Google Docs, Dropbox, Google Drive, and so on.
- Time monitoring
- Exercise stream and undertaking calendar
Binfire has a Free plan for small groups, and its paid plans begin at $6.50 per consumer, monthly when billed yearly.
Kanbanize calls itself the main Kanban platform. Agile groups can use it to ship 3 times quicker because of options like:
- Vertical and horizontal scaling
- Person-friendly Kanban boards with customizable work objects
- Workflow, workspace, and dependency administration
- E-mail integration
- Integration with dev instruments, cloud storage, and different apps
- Mission forecasting
- Work-In-Progress limits to scale back multitasking and overload
Kanbanize provides a free trial. Its least expensive plan begins at $149 monthly when billed yearly.
Shortcut provides a lot of the performance Jira supplies, however with a a lot easier and extra user-friendly interface. That’s the reason 1000’s of groups worldwide are utilizing Shortcut to speed up and enhance the effectivity of their software program growth processes. With Shortcut, you possibly can rapidly swap between quarterly planning, weekly sprints, and activity boards with only one click on.
Collaboration and monitoring points are a breeze, and integrations help you seamlessly extract data from Slack, GitHub, and different apps to have all the things in a single place. Different causes to decide on Shortcut as your Jira various embrace:
- Customization and scalability
- Sturdy reporting by way of burndown charts, lead time, and cycle time experiences
- A robust API for constructing customized integrations and workflows
- Iterations and sprints (with detailed reporting for every)
- Doc collaboration
- Kanban boards, roadmaps, and milestones
Shortcut has a Free plan to assist small software program groups ship rapidly. Its paid plans begin at $8.50 per consumer, monthly.
Mission Administration Software program and Instruments for Builders
Nonetheless not discovering an answer that matches your software program growth staff’s undertaking administration wants? Now we have a sequence of different round-ups that includes widespread PM instruments and software program for builders which may aid you slim the sector down a bit of extra: